• 2 slices of bacon, diced
• 1 T European unsalted butter
• 4 ears of corn, kernels removed (scrape cobs to collect the juice as well)
• 1/2 C diced red bell pepper
• 1/2 C diced yellow onion
• 1 clove of garlic, minced or pressed
• 1/2 C diced tomatoes
• 1/2 C chicken broth
• 1 tsp Kosher salt
• hot sauce to taste
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2 Add the bacon and sauté for about 5 minutes, then add the butter.
3 Once the butter has melted, stir in the onions and peppers. Sauté for about 8 minutes or until the onions have softened. Stir in the corn and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes.
4 Pour in the chicken broth, increase the temperature to high and bring to a boil.
5 Once the liquid has been brought to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the corn is tender.
6 Remove the lid and stir in the salt, hot sauce, and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Remove from heat and serve.